The Fiat Lux Scholars Program at UC Merced is similar to the more common Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) available at other universities. The program is designed to serve students during their first and second year at UC Merced. However, services have been extended to third and fourth year students. The Fiat Lux Program provides a variety of resources to students who participate in the program to enhance their academic performance and assist with the adjustments to UC Merced. A designated number of spaces will be reserved each year for undocumented students. All incoming undocumented students should consider applying for the Fiat Lux Scholars program.
- Regular, frequent interactions with Fiat Lux Coordinator Rosa Campos or your assigned counselor, to review your progress and make sure that you have the support you need throughout the semester.
- Special support programs outside of class, to optimize your learning and general college survival strategies.
- Enrollment in USTU 010 Freshman Success Course, which is proven to improve first-year students’ academic outcomes.
- A strong support system from the Fiat Lux Scholars Program office.
- Students will live in a residence hall community designated for Fiat Lux Scholars