Services for Undocumented Students at UC Merced provides support to students facing extenuating financial challenges.
These grants are for emergencies only as outlined below. There are two types of funds:
- General Emergency Funds are up to $300- designed to provide financial assistance to students with the following extenuating expenses: rent, medical services, books, groceries, and other emergency expenses as determined by the Associate Director of Educational Equity & Access
- Legal Fees Emergency Funds are up to $300- designed to provide financial assistance to students with the following extenuating expenses: DACA filing fees, other legal fees
In order to be eligible for either emergency grant(s) students must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be undocumented
- Must be a current UC Merced student enrolled in a minimum of 12 units
- Must be low-income as defined by financial aid guidelines
- Must not be eligible for federal financial aid (Pell grant, federal loans, etc.)
- Note: Financial Aid packages will be considered for eligibility.
Please fill out all required information listed below. In addition, completed applications MUST include appropriate receipts and proof of need (i.e., lease contract, statements, bills) and must be either dropped off to Kolligian Library, Room 222, OR scanned and email to email@example.com in order for the application to be processed. After your application is received, you will have to meet with Alejandro Delgadillo for a final decision. These grants are on a first-come-first-serve basis and will be available until funds are exhausted.
Approved emergency funds will be available to the student within two (2) business days. It is highly recommended that students enroll in the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) available through Student Business Services (SBS). Your emergency funds will be transferred via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) to your designated bank account. NOTE: Emergency funds may be credited through Student Business Services (SBS). If there is any outstanding balance (i.e., library, fines, housing, etc.) on your student account, the emergency funds may used to pay your outstanding balance. Exceptions are made for emergency funds to be used for payment of fees.
If you have any questions concerning emergency funds, please call (209) 228-4625, visit us at Services for Undocumented Students in Kolligian Library, Room 222, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.