Skip to content Skip to navigation
See our Campus Ready site for most up to date information about the fall semester.Campus ReadyCOVID Help

Financial Crisis Funds Request

Financial Crisis Funds

Services for Undocumented Students at UC Merced provides support to students facing extenuating financial challenges.

These grants are for emergencies only as outlined below. There are two types of funds:

  • General Financial Crisis Funds are up to $300- designed to provide financial assistance to students with the following extenuating expenses::
    • rent,
    • medical services,
    • books,
    • gas cards for communters traveling more than a radius of 45 miles,
    • groceries (in the form of Wellnes Cards to Raley's Martket in the sum of $100),
    • and other emergency expenses as determined by the Associate Director of Educational Equity & Access
  • Financial Crisis Funds for Legal Fees - range from $300 - $495 designed to provide financial assistance to students with the following extenuating expenses: DACA filing fees, other legal fees. 


In order to be eligible for either emergency grant(s) students must meet all of the following criteria:

  • Must be undocumented
  • Must be a current UC Merced student enrolled in a minimum of 12 units
  • Must be low-income as defined by financial aid guidelines
  • Must not be eligible for federal financial aid (Pell grant, federal loans, etc.)
  • Note: Financial Aid packages will be considered for eligibility.


Please fill out all required information listed below. In addition, completed applications MUST include appropriate receipts and proof of need (i.e., lease contract, statements, bills, expring Work Authorization card) and must be either dropped off to Kolligian Library, Room 222, OR scanned and email to in order for the application to be processed. After your application is received, you will have to meet with Alejandro Delgadillo for a final decision. These grants are on a first-come-first-serve basis and will be available until funds are exhausted.


Approved emergency funds will be available to the student within two (2) business days. It is highly recommended that students enroll in the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) available through Student Business Services (SBS). Your emergency funds will be transferred via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) to your designated bank account. NOTE: Emergency funds may be credited through Student Business Services (SBS). If there is any outstanding balance (i.e., library, fines, housing, etc.) on your student account, the emergency funds may used to pay your outstanding balance. Exceptions are made for emergency funds to be used for payment of fees.

If you have any questions concerning emergency funds, please call (209) 228-4625, visit us at Services for Undocumented Students in Kolligian Library, Room 222, or email

What is the best phone number to communicate with you?
Please remember to submit necessary receipts or proof of your expenses to the Services for Undocumented Students at KL 222 to Alex Delgadillo or scan and email them to
Please limit response to 400 words or less
I herby certify that this information is true and understand that any false statements on my part may result in the forfeiture of any benefits associated with the emergency grant program. Students approved of the grant will be notified via email of their emergency funds.
You will be required to meet with Alex Delgadillo as a next step in this process. Please list your availability to meet (Monday - Friday). Alex will be contacting you to schedule a meeting.